Lesson & Activity Peace Plans created by
educators, families, schools, & communities
From Tilsim Newman, ELL Teacher
Pangborn Elementary School, Hagerstown, Maryland
Peace Certified: June 2013
- Recipe for Peace — Poetry to Peace Poster: submitted by Tilsim Newman, Frederick County, Maryland (lessons include ‘biography,’ peace as a choice, poetry, art, and writing)
- Click here to see Recipe for Peace photo collages from Grades K-5 from this activity.
- Click here to read the news article on Pangborn Elementary becoming our first Peace Certified School!
- 2013-2014 Peace Climate Plan (sample — first 10 weeks)
- 2013-2014 PES Peace Journey updates
- Recipe for Peace — expansion peace plan: Translations!
From Alba Romero, 4th Grade Teacher
Morningside Elementary School, California
Peace Certified: May 2014
- Mattie Tribute Book (submitted by Alba Romero, Morningside Elementary School, California — elementary school level – Peace Certification activity)
- Click here to view photos of the book and other activities with this fourth grade class
- Click here to view Mrs. Romero’s “Teacher Tip & Lesson Plan” guide to her activity — “Our Loving Tribute to Mattie J.T. Stepanek” (book publishing activity)
From Lulu Cerone, Teen Peace Ambassador
Founder: LemonAID Warriors
Peace Certified: Summer 2012
- In addition to maintaining and growing her own peace project, Lulu reached out (from California) to a school in Canada, and encouraged them to participate in the 2013 Peace Tree Outreach Activity sponsored by Mattie’s Foundation. In addition to participating in that activity, the school read Mattie’s poetry each day during the season, and the students created their own peace stories. READ MORE HERE…
Please e-mail completed forms to