Teacher Tips & Lesson Plans
Share your Teacher Tip or Lesson Plan
or classroom, school, youth activity
and earn a
FREE Peace Activity Certificate
from Mattie’s Foundation!
DETAILS on our Peace Certifcation page…
Are you Peace Certified by Mattie’s Foundation?
Teaching children and teens about peace matters.
Peace Certification is for individuals (parents, teachers, counselors),
groups (classrooms, schools, youth groups, communities, cities),
and more! Peace is for all people!
Teaching Peace –
Information and links from Mattie’s Foundation
—- to support peace education for youth and adults.
Template guides — create or share your peace activities:
Interesting Article Links:
- Using Mattie Stepanek’s Heartsongs in the Classroom by Jill R. VanAntwerp
- Lewis University College of Education: Students Participate at San Miguel
Peace Activity Certificate (FREE)
— for individuals, families, schools & community groups
———CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS…
SUMMARY: We have added a ”Peace Activity Certificate” to our Peace Certification journey. There is no cost to the participant for this resource. We invite individuals, families, teachers, schools, communities and more to share their personal “reflect, respond, and reach out with peace” activity, lesson plan, or project with us:
- Reflect — Your activity, lesson plan, or project can be rooted in any quote, poem, or book by Mattie.
- Respond – It can take any creative, recreational, or educational shape for any class subject or community event.
- Reach Out – It can impact one other person, family, or classroom, or countless others around the world.
— TWO WAYS TO EARN A PAC —>
1) Plan a peace activity or lesson, and use our brief Peace Activity Certificate Tool (will be posted SOON) to share information with us. Send the PAC Tool to us along with any photos, social media links, or other information you would like posted. We will send you your certificate and celebrate you on our website!
Please note that the PAC Tool is a template guide to support your peace activity — you are welcome to modify it in any way that works best for you.
2) Participate as a group (family, class, school, business, community) in any of the free outreach activities sponsored by Mattie’s Foundation and share information (message, photos, sample materials) with us. We encourage you to use the PAC Tool for sharing information about your activity, though it is not required if your are participating in a Foundation outreach activity.
to see photos and learn about
activities that involve Mattie’s books or life story
as created or shared by educators and families
Send us your photos and messages and
inspire other teachers, students, and families!
Facebook: Mattie Stepanek
Click on the entries below to read
Teacher Tips & Lesson Plans…
From Educators, Business Leaders & Students
(high school, college, university,
community groups, businesses, book clubs)
(you are welcome to submit your own template as well)
Please e-mail completed forms to
Please NOTE: All Lesson, Activity, Attitude, and Action Plans submitted and posted on our site are the property of the Mattie J.T. Stepanek Foundation. The posted Plans will ALWAYS CREDIT the name of the person, school, or group submitting the Plan. The Plans will never be sold or used in any way other than to support our mission of spreading peace and Mattie’s message through education.