From Teachers, Parents & Counselors
Lesson Plans submitted by
educators, parents, and counselors –
approved by Mattie’s Foundation:
- Recipe for Peace — Poetry to Peace Poster: submitted by Tilsim Newman, Frederick County, Maryland (lessons include ‘biography,’ peace as a choice, poetry, art, and writing)
- Click here to see Recipe for Peace photo collages from Grades K-5 from this activity.
- This Peace Lesson Plan led to Peace Certification by Mattie’s Foundation!
- Exploring Peace Through Heartsongs: submitted by Della Palacios, Florida (lesson for Common Core State Standards related to Reading, Grades K-5)
- Mattie Tribute Book (submitted by Alba Romero, Morningside Elementary School, California — elementary school level — language arts and character development)
- Click here to view photos of the book and other activities with this fourth grade class
- Welcome Spring — Violin Parade & Concert (led by Ms. Huneven, St. Elizabeth’s School, Rockville, MD — elementary school violin students learned music, then shared their talents with a parade and concert in Mattie’s Park & Peace Garden
- Click here for more information, photos, and video clips
Please e-mail completed forms to
What Teachers Are Sharing
Click here to see photos and learn about
activities that involve Mattie’s books or life story
as created or shared by educators and families
Send us your photos and messages and
inspire other teachers, students, and families!
Facebook: Mattie Stepanek