What We Do
Click on the entries below
to learn more about our programs, events, outreach, and materials.
Programs & Projects
–resources and tools for understanding Mattie’s message of Heartsongs and purpose, and for exploring key elements of Mattie’s peace message.
– a supported personal or community peace journey from attitude to action; participants reflect on Mattie’s message, respond to the message, and then reach out with a peace activity.
Peace Activity Certificates (General)
– a free celebration and recognition of peace activities, lesson plans, or projects for individuals, families, classrooms, and communities of all sizes. A great way to try out basic elements of our Peace Certification process.
– a supported journey through Mattie’s Three Choices for Peace, similar to our Peace Certification Program for adults.
– a supported journey for our older Peace Club Kids who are ready to create or participate in a Peace Activity.
– pages to celebrate artwork, photos, poetry, and peace activities of our Peace Club Kids.
– free downloadable translations of Mattie’s 9/11 poem; we always welcome additional translations!
– putting Mattie’s peace vision into word and action
– free print and video translations from and for global neighbors, celebrating Mattie’s message: “Let’s say a prayer, this season, together, for peace.”
– Membership program with levels for all ages, for those who want to learn more about peace, receive updates and suggested conversation and activity ideas, Peace Shop discounts, Foundation updates (e-Peace or Mama Peace depending on age), and other benefits.
Youth Membership (Birth through 12)
Teen Membership (13-19)
General Membership (Adults)
VIP Membership (Any age)
Messengers (Individual & Group Sponsors)
– personal messages from individuals, groups, or businesses engraved on bricks in Mattie’s Peace Garden, and shared on Mattie’s website.
– a 26+ acre award-winning recreation facility created to express Mattie’s peace message and imagery, located at 1800 Piccard Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
Events & Activities
– for organizations, businesses, schools, places of worship, retirement communities, and more! (can be arranged as a professional presentation/keynote or as a part of our Peace Certification Program).
– live online video chats with Mattie’s mom, about peace, about hope, about a book club discussion, about a class project, about a family peace plan, and more!
– because peace is fun!
– the Proclamation for this was created by Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD), supported by Sen. Ben Cardin (D-MD) and Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter, and is currently on President Barack Obama’s desk for a Mattie Stepanek National Day of Peace. Peace is bipartisan — please support this effort — send a letter of support!
– our annual free, fun, international SPRING/SUMMER (May-August) outreach activity that celebrates our theme for the year (2015 theme: Peace matters… and peace is for all people). A simple, free activity celebrating global peace expressions!
– our annual free, fun, international FALL/WINTER (October-January) outreach activity that celebrates our theme for the year (2015 theme: Peace matters… and peace is for all people) A simple global peace activity celebrated on our website!
– an occasional free outreach project celebrating a select peace poem by Mattie with activities for youth and adults around the world.
– fundraiser events held by the King Farm Swim team
– browse our Activities & Events pages, there are lots of things going on!
Outreach & Connections
– peace messages (information and inspiration) from Mattie’s Foundation
– peace thoughts and conversation/activity suggestions for our Peace Club Kids and Peace Club Teens
– Peace Club Kids Gallery, Birthday Page, Mama Peace Messages, and more!
– Peace Club Tween Peace Activity pages and posts
– Peace Club Teens peace posts, Teen Peace Journey, Mama Peace Messages, and more!
– celebrating our Peace Club Teens who move through Mattie’s Three Choices for Peace!
– celebrating our Peace Certified People and Communities!
– featuring role models who seek, make, bring, and/or sponsor peace!
– Free international registry (data base is never shared with others) for those who want to receive information from Mattie’s Foundation, including our e-Peace Updates.
– messages from global citizens about peace, Mattie’s Foundation, and more.
– how your organization can benefit from our Mosaic of Gift Bricks program!
– organizations working together to share hope and peace!
– your support helps us fulfill our mission and continue our programs!
– businesses and individuals sharing materials or services to support our work!
– from parents and educators, politicians and global teens, and more!
– information and inspiration from Mattie’s Foundation about Mattie’s message and peace efforts.
– we are on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn!
Resources & Materials